Last updated: February 17, 2022
Although the purpose of using Shake.com is to meet new people, you should always use caution when meeting people that you do not know or know well. While you cannot control the conduct of others, there are certain things you can do to help you stay safe, such as:
- Tell friends and/or family about your date including when and where.
- End the date if you believe the person who showed up to the date is different from the person you met online through our services.
- Meet new people in a public area and stay in a public area for the entire date; end the date immediately if your date tries to pressure you into going into a private area.
- Do not accept a ride home from your date or through your date’s ride-sharing app. Always have a charged cellphone with you in case you need it.
- Do not share personal information with new people including your home address and work address; end the date if you believe your date is pressuring you into providing such information.
- Do not leave your personal items unattended, such items contain personal information.
- Take caution of the effects of alcohol and drugs, which can impair your judgement; end the date if your date tries to pressure you into using drugs or drinking more alcohol than you are comfortable with.
- Only accept drinks served by a bartender or server directly, and do not leave your drink unattended for any length of time for any reason, including for visiting the bathroom.
- If you feel uncomfortable for any reason, end the date.
- If you feel that you are in immediate danger, call 911 or your local law enforcement.
You understand that the foregoing Safety Tips are not an exhaustive list and are provided only as a precaution, and no method of reducing risk is guaranteed. We encourage you to report any incidents to us and to law enforcement.